Korean and Japanese food strike a balance in that category.
Here's my take on healthy Korean meal!
I have prepared :
1. Spicy Pork Kimchi soup
2. Korean BBQ marinated oven fried Chicken
3. Spicy Oceanic Seaweed Salad
Korean barbecue sauce oven fried chicken
100g chicken breast (sliced)
Korean BBQ marinate sauce
2 x large egg
1.5 cup Japanese Tempura bread crumbs
salt and pepper
1. Marinated chicken slices with 3 tablespoons of Korean BBQ sauce and a tablespoon of corn starch for an hour.
2. Prepare the batter for oven fried
whisk 2 large eggs in a bowl, and mix 1.5 cup of tempura crumbs with a cup of KFC flour in another bowl.
3. Coat the marinated chicken in a egg then cover it with bread crumbs
4. Brush the oven tray with sunflower oil. Lay the chicken slices evenly.
5. Bake it at 220 Celcius for 10 mins each side and you are done.
Spicy Oceanic Seaweed Salad
1x pack of Japanese seaweed
Apple cider vinegar
5 leaf of birdeye chili (diced)
1. Soak the seaweed in hot water for 15 mins
2. Drained, add in chopped onion, birdeye chili, 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce and 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and mix well!
3. keep refrigerated for half an hour and serve!
Spicy Pork Kimchi Soup
3 cloves of garlic
1 yellow onion
200g of pork rib
3 table spoon x Korean spicy chili sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1. Sauteed garlic, onion and pork in a pot till golden brown and fragrant.
2. add in carrots, potatoes, and cabbage with 200ml of water
3. add 3 tablespoons of korean spicy chili sauce and 2 tablespoons of Kimball chili sauce in the hotpot
4. bring the soup to boil for 5 mins and simmer for another hour.
You can stuff yourself with this "fried" chicken without worrying about calories and cholesterol !